Spencer101 Spencer101 is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven North[_2_] View Post
Problem resolved... had to create a whole series of NAMED ranges and use formulas such as ....

=OFFSET('FTE Count'!$E$6,,0,1,COUNTA('FTE Count'!$E$6:$AD$6))
As mentioned in my previous post in this thread, I would recommend using INDEX rather than OFFSET due to it's nonvolatile nature.

OFFSET recalculates every time any cell is changed, regardless of whether or not if affects the named ranges. INDEX does not do that, but will still produce the same dynamic effect. If you have many of these named ranges OFFSET will very quickly slow you down.

S.