TreeHugger1 TreeHugger1 is offline
Junior Member

Default Formula to reference Cell Background Color

I have inserted the module to create a formula that will list a number associated the background color of an individual cell. I copied the VBA from the following website http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#code. This formula works, however, it only works if either of the cells, in which the equation is referencing, is modified by clicking on the formula bar and then by pressing the enter key. Is there a way for the code to be modified or changing a setting in Excel to allow me to only change the background color of the cell without modifying the cell value for the equation output to be updated?

My ultimate goal is to link a cell from one worksheet to another worksheet and copy both the cell value and the cell background color. Is either of these options available?