garygoodguy garygoodguy is offline
Junior Member

Default Hide Co9lumns based on cell value

Hi,

I have some vba to hide some columns in one sheet based on a cell value in another sheet:

If Sheets("Start").Range("U4").Value = "OFF" Then
Columns("P:AB").EntireColumn.Hidden = True
Else
Columns("P:AB").EntireColumn.Hidden = False

As you can see I have placed this code in the Worksheet_SelectionChange. This works fine, however it looks for that cell value everytime the user moves around the sheet. What I'm after is to only look at the value once when the workbook opens (as it will not change from then on).

I have tried placing the code in both Private Sub's Worksheet_Change & Worksheet_Calculate, but the existing code does not work in either of these.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.