Scaper Scaper is offline
Junior Member

Location: Portland Oregon
Default Recurring Items in Spreadsheets

I'm not sure if this is a Worksheet Function or not. If not, I'm sorry. Not familiar with all the correct terminology in Excel.

I am a contractor I use Excel daily to prepare bid proposals for my clients. There are certain items that I use in my proposals over and over and over again, almost every day. But every day I have to type these items in manually, type in their corresponding price, etc.

I'm thinking there's gotta be a way for me to create a database of normal items that I use in my worksheets regularly so that when I start to type them, it asks me to auto-populate that cell with a memorized item. Does that make sense?

For instance, one of the items I am specifying for jobs regularly is Anchor Diamond SRW Blocks. And these blocks are $6.50 a piece. And yet every time I write a bid I have to write in "Anchor Diamond SRW Block" in one cell, and then tab over to another cell to put in the each price. I do that for a hundred or so different items each day. I'm thinking I could just create a database of these 100 items so that whenever I start typing them, they'll automatically come up or ask me if I want them to come up.

I can figure it out myself, if someone just points me in the right direction. I don't even know what you would call this. Once I know what it's called I can probably look up tutorials online. Just looking for someone to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.