Metfan Metfan is offline
Junior Member

Default Macroto delete extra space in a cell

I download a file that contains 5,000 rows of data, each cell shows a numeric value, however, you can not use a formula such as @sum to add the data as each cell apparently contains an extra space after the last digit in the cell. When I select a cell and press F2 I noticed the cursor is 2 spaces behind the last digit, when I hit backspace and deleted the extra space, the value then changed to a number which I can use in a formula. I guess I need to write a macro to the following. Go to each cell and edit and delete the extra space and then proceed to the next cell and perform the same edit. This needs to be done for all records. Any help on how to approach this macro would be helpful

Metfan