Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
W W is offline

Default Can XIRR Work on Dates That Move Backwards in Time?

I have used XIRR in the past with a row of dates that move from earliest to
oldest date as you move right to left in the spreadsheet. The
corresponding data values are directly below the dates.

Today I worked with a spreadsheet where the dates move opposite: Earliest
date is on the far right, and more recent dates move toward the left. Is
there any way to get XIRR to work with such an arrangement of dates? I
only get errors.