Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default how to detect host id of a computer using excel

Ron,
In your case *you* are the manufacturer and so it's your responsibility
to provide the OEM values.<g

There doesn't seem to be any -standard- as to the format of a BSN. For
example, my Dell Precision90 portable workstation (which is just a
Sherman tank version of a laptop) has this BSN: "570WHC1", which is
also its ServiceTag ID. The same holds true for my Dell Precision60
(older model of portable workstation laptop): "BPJQS51".

My Acer machines use a different format:
Acer Aspire One notebook: "LXPH10202693966A391601"
Acer TravelMate TimelineX: "LXV0603083103003EB2300"

So the format appears to be entirely the OEM's preference. I have other
BSNs from various makes/models which are different again than the
Dell/Acer examples.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!