Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] lhkittle@comcast.net is offline

Default Percentage Increase

On Friday, January 4, 2013 11:32:46 AM UTC-8, tb wrote:
I am using Microsoft Excel 2007 (32-bit) on a Windows 7 desktop.

Management has decided to increase the list prices of our products by

an across-the-board, fixed percentage.

Given the variety and options offered with our products, list prices

are calculated using a series of Excel tables, whereby the final list

price is obtained by going to one or more tables and adding the amount

specified in each appropriate cell at the intersection of rows/columns.

Is there a _quick_ method that I can use to add this fixed X percentage

increase to all the cells who have a $ price in them? (Luckily we are

raising all our prices by a single X percentage!)

I am thinking of something like highlighting all the cells of a table

that have $ amounts in them and then issuing some command that would

multiply the contents by this fixed X percentage. This is probably not

possible but one never knows what the Gurus can come up with...

--

tb

Hi tb,

Joeu2004's last-offered code is most likely as good as it gets or needs to be.

You can try this approach and see if it suits you.
Select your price data range and name it DataP.
Enter the percentage value in cell P1.
(If you want to change the percentage, you can do so on the sheet
and not have to go to the vb editor and change code %.)

Hopefully, Joeu2004 will look at this code and make sure I did not
inadvertently lead you astray.

Run this code.

Option Explicit

Sub RoundSelection()
Dim Cell As Range
Range("P1").Copy
Range("DataP").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlMultiply, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False

For Each Cell In Range("DataP")
Cell.Value = WorksheetFunction.Round(Cell.Value, 2)
Cell.NumberFormat = "0.00"
Next Cell

Application.CutCopyMode = False
Range("P1").Select