Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] lhkittle@comcast.net is offline

Default Percentage Increase

On Friday, January 4, 2013 11:32:46 AM UTC-8, tb wrote:
I am using Microsoft Excel 2007 (32-bit) on a Windows 7 desktop.

Management has decided to increase the list prices of our products by

an across-the-board, fixed percentage.

Given the variety and options offered with our products, list prices

are calculated using a series of Excel tables, whereby the final list

price is obtained by going to one or more tables and adding the amount

specified in each appropriate cell at the intersection of rows/columns.

Is there a _quick_ method that I can use to add this fixed X percentage

increase to all the cells who have a $ price in them? (Luckily we are

raising all our prices by a single X percentage!)

I am thinking of something like highlighting all the cells of a table

that have $ amounts in them and then issuing some command that would

multiply the contents by this fixed X percentage. This is probably not

possible but one never knows what the Gurus can come up with...

--

tb

Hi tb,

From a google search:
(adjust the ranges and percentage amount to your needs)

Increase Selected Numbers by a Percentage.
You may want to increase all the numbers in a range by a set percentage. For example, in this price list, all the prices should be increased by 5%. The following technique makes it easy to increase the prices, all at once.
In a blank cell, enter the amount of the increase. In this example, 1.05 was entered in cell D8
Copy the cell which contains the increase amount.
Select the cells which contain the amounts that you want to increase. Here, cells B8:B11 are selected.
On the menu bar, click Edit | Paste Special
Click Values, and click Multiply, then click OK.
Each of the selected numbers is automatically increased by 5%

Regards,
Howard