Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tb tb is offline

Default Percentage Increase

I am using Microsoft Excel 2007 (32-bit) on a Windows 7 desktop.

Management has decided to increase the list prices of our products by
an across-the-board, fixed percentage.

Given the variety and options offered with our products, list prices
are calculated using a series of Excel tables, whereby the final list
price is obtained by going to one or more tables and adding the amount
specified in each appropriate cell at the intersection of rows/columns.

Is there a _quick_ method that I can use to add this fixed X percentage
increase to all the cells who have a $ price in them? (Luckily we are
raising all our prices by a single X percentage!)

I am thinking of something like highlighting all the cells of a table
that have $ amounts in them and then issuing some command that would
multiply the contents by this fixed X percentage. This is probably not
possible but one never knows what the Gurus can come up with...

--
tb