Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] lhkittle@comcast.net is offline

Default Help with a running total on multiple sheets

On Thursday, January 3, 2013 11:28:00 AM UTC-8, Shari C wrote:
I am new to Excel and have learned a lot recently. I have just switched

over all my home budgeting items to Excel instead of paper. I have a

workbook with about 15 sheets (one for each budget category). Each sheet

has a running balance in column E. I would like a column on sheet 1 to

simply add the newest running total in column E from the remaining

sheets.

I figured out how to do a running total from multiple sheets, but it is

adding all the numbers from all the E columns and not just the newest

running balance. (I hope that makes sense)

Thanks so much for you help!

--

Hi Shari C,

This may work for you, it returns the sum of the last values of column E from all the sheets to a CELL in sheet1.

On sheet 1 enter this formula in a cell.
=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!J1)

On each sheet enter this formula in cell J1.
=IFERROR(LOOKUP(2,1/(E1:E25000<""),E1:E25000),0)

Change J1 to suit your needs & Sheet1:Sheet3! to match your first & last sheet.

Regards,
Howard