Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joeu2004[_2_] joeu2004[_2_] is offline

Default How can I count deviations between two rows?

"J. Gary Ellison" wrote:
1 Test Question 1 2 3 4 5 6 ...
2 Answers Key A C A B D B ... # of Right Answers
3 Student 1 A D A B D C ... 4 (Formula would go here to compare
current row)
4 Student 2 A C A B D D ... 5 (with Answer Key row & count the right
answers)
How do count the right answers by comparing the answers from each
student with the Answer Key in row 2. I want to be able to score
the tests by entering in the answers.

If the Answer Key is in C2:H2 and the Student1 answers are in C3:H3, then:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(C3:H3=$C$2:$H$2))

You can copy that formula down the column.