Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Chop picture in VBA?

Charlotte E. explained :
Thanks for you response...

But, problem is, that I don't want to resize the picture - that would have
been easy :-)

I really want to chop the picture, since I only need part of the picture, and
it need to be done in Excel, since the original picture may not be
modified...

I'm still guessing that I need to find either the re-size solution or the
unit conversion, but it would be nice if someone know the solution, instead
of me inventing the wheel once again :-)

Thanks,

CE

Den 20.12.2012 23:36, GS skrev:
I'd use a Frame as a container that's sized how I want/need, then insert
the pic via its ".AddPicture" method. AFAIK, the pic will auto size to
fit the shape object whenever you make changes to the pic or the container.

Charlotte,
Any cropping I've done has been directly to the pic object itself, and
it behaves as expected. I don't use containers for most pics because I
always want their TopLeft at a specific cell address. Note that I do
this manually and so wouldn't be aware of the nuances attached to using
VBA. Sorry I can't be of more help...

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!