garygoodguy garygoodguy is offline
Junior Member

Default Drop Down List Dependant Formula

Hi,

I have a drop down list where a user can select the month (cell I6).
I also have a data set on another sheet like this:

jul;aug;sep;oct;nov...Total;YTD Total
100;250;350;420;530...Total;YTD Total

Assume date range starts in A1 and figures start in A2. Also, the fiscal year starts in July, not January.

What I'd like to have happen is that depending on the month selected from the list - for that selection to drive a YTD sum calculation/function, i.e. If the user selects October from dropdown list - then the YTD total sum will only include months upto and including October only (i.e. July, Aug, Sep, Oct).

Thanks in advance.
Happy to help with further details.