Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joeu2004[_2_] joeu2004[_2_] is offline

Default How to calculate time percentage of number of parts being pick in a timeframe

"Markous" wrote:
Can someone help me how to calculate the % of boxes being
picked by an "order picker" Ex. An "order picker" picked 24
boxes in 28 mins how would I get the percentage of boxes the
"order picker" would pick in an hour? I tried (28/24*1440/24)

How do you represent 28 mins: by the number 28; or by the time 00:28?

If 24 boxes are picked in 28 mins, then 24*60/28 boxes can be picked in an
hour.

In general, you might want INT(24*60/28) or ROUND(24*60/28,0). The result
is 51.

If you represent time as 00:28 in A1 (hh:mm format), you would compute:

=24*TIME(1,0,0)/A1

As for a percentage of boxes, that would be 51/n, formatted as Percentage,
where n is the total number of boxes. You neglect to say what n is.