Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Using the OnTimer event to lock out users between specific time window.

Living the Dream has brought this to us :
Ben & Garry

This is way cool, thanks heaps.

Question though, do I put this in the Historical File with a Call to the
module from the OnOpen Workbook.

As User Jim will be accessing the Historical File via a VB Process that
copies data from his file into the Historical, I would assume that it needs
to be in the Historical, but ! then again, assumption is something that has
always got me in trouble... :)

Cheers
Mick.

IMO, if the Historical File is where you need to restrict access then
that's where you should put it.

I use a different approach whereby the allowed user is permited to open
a password protected file for making their entries. This is tied in
with the admin utilities process I mentioned earlier. Since the
scenario of admin users and non-admin users is fairly common to me,
I've developed a standardized process I use for all such client
projects. Clearly this adds complexity to any project but I find having
an established reusable mechanism worth its weight in gold when clients
ask for multi-level user access.

I'd be happy to explain how it works if you're interested in having a
reusable methodology for handling multi-level user access to project
features, and so post back confirming your interest.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc