Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Using the OnTimer event to lock out users between specific time window.

Hi Mick,
Ben has a good suggestion that's much simpler to implement than my
login process for 'special' users. I'd eliminate the 'Else' part of his
code, though, since the return is false by default and so extra
processing is not required...

Const sAllowedUsers$ = "ajones,jsmith" '//edit to suit

Function AllowAccess2(sUser$) As Boolean
If InStr(sAllowedUsers, sUser) 0 Then AllowAccess = True
End Function 'AllowAccess

My process enables enhanced menuitems for admin users only via an
additional xla file as most of my stuff ships as 'core' apps with basic
user functionality. The admin component is usually shipped as a
'plugin' to be stored in the main app's 'Plugins' folder on machines
used (or login) by admin groups with special priveleges. (This means my
addins have addins!)

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!