Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] pkjess@gmail.com is offline

Default % of difference between two numbers

I definitely agree about replying to old posts - not necessary.
But, since he did, and it is coming up in Google search results...
AND since I agree is solution was a non-solution....
It would have been helpful if you pwned it proper and GAVE THE CORRECT SOLUTION!
Since now peeps like me get here and say, "wow, he chastised that dude for being polite, its not like it was his (or your) original question.... He just was being polite ans saying thanks (which is most forums is a GOOD thing) your info was helpful to me, and I appreciate you helping... (although I find it a wonder he did).

Anyway, all of this was not for nothing, and I am not trying to be a jerk or troll for a fight.. I sincerely need help!

So if you know how to do (as a formula, I can do it in VBA)
I am looking to show the difference (as a percentage) between two other numbers that is accurate in increases as well as decreases.

Actually its specifically the percentage CHANGE between two other numeric values.

Perfect example: SALES TAX
if you have 5% sales tax, to spend exactly $100 you have to buy something for $95
(ie. 1.00 - 5% = .95) simple right?
but if you take $95 and ADD 5% you only get $99.75

so that is what I need, something that works in either case.

TIA

p.s. if you really dont have anything constructive to add, then please don't was YOUR time responding.