Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default Learning arrays.

I am using the basic Excel help tool within my 2002 version to investigate
how arrays operate. Specifically, I started with the ROW() function. The
Excel help says that if you put, ROW() into a cell, I used C4, then the row
number should appear and that does work. In the second example it says that
if you put ROW(C4:D6) and then use the Ctrl-Shift-Enter, the rows below the
formula should populate with 4, 5, 6. What happens when I try this is that I
only get a 4 displayed in the cell, C4, where the formula is. The other
cells below are left blank. I tried doing the exact same thing in Open
Office Calc and it worked perfectly. Is there some setting or feature that
needs to be changed or added in Excel? By the way, the array curly brackets
do get placed around the formula after I hit Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA