View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerriL View Post
Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me with this. Essentially, I am trying to construct an If statement that will return "OK" or "NO" based on whether one cell is equal to any of another 5. All 6 cells in question are populated via a VLOOKUP function or a calculated formula. All the cells themselves are populated correctly. However, the IF statement is not able to correctly determine whether the one cell matches one of the other five. To put it another way, if M1 is equal to H1, I1, J1, K1, or L1, I want the formula to display "OK", and if M1 does not equal any of those, I want it to display "NO". Sometimes the equation works, but 99% of the time it doesn't. I think it has something to do with how the Vlookup/other formulas are formatting the numbers in the cells that the IF statement is checking--but I can't figure out how. I've told all the cells to format as number decimals with two digits--and the rows where the If statement works seem to be formatted the same as the rows where it doesn't.

I've tried two different IF statements, and both have the same issue. Is something wrong with my formulas, or is this a formating issue?

=IF(OR(M697=H697,M697=I697,M697=J697,M697=K697,M69 7=L697),"OK","NO")

=IF(M693=H693,"OK",IF(M693=I693,"OK",IF(M693=J693, "OK",IF(M693=K693,"OK",IF(M693=L693,"OK","NO") ))))

Thank you very much for your help.
=IF(COUNTIF(H693:L693,M693)0,"OK","NO")