Karl Kruger Karl Kruger is offline
Junior Member

Default Excel file path editing

I need help editing a file path name. I use hyperlinks in my Excel databases and several times when an update from Windows happens, my file paths change and the address is no longer valid and I have to redo all of my links ones by one. I can only hope that since the file path change happens in one instance, it could be repaired somewhat the same way. Here is an example of what I am talking about, the file name was like this:
E:\hyperlinks\123456 abc.xlsx

after the download it now reads like this:
C:users\kkruger\appdata\roaming\microsoft\excel\hy perlinks\123456 abc.xlsx.

Can anybody tell me how to change this back? I am talking thousands of hyperlinks that I do not want to have to redo one by one. Then also what causes this and how to stop it from happening again.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.