holy dog

I don't have stocks, but Money works well with my online banking, my check
card purchases, on-line pay bill and mostly with importing my statements from
my bank. I find this easier then trying to maintain it in Excel, I too
converted mine years ago.My wife uses Quickbook for her business, but that is
another story.

"David McRitchie" wrote:

Hi Bobby,
See Insert a Row using a Macro to maintain formulas
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
for an example of a checkbook layout and a macro to insert row(s)
above the active cell. Use of OFFSET Worksheet Function
so that you can insert/delete/sort rows without causing havoc.

I have Quicken myself, and like "holydog" . I'm no longer keeping a separate
worksheet with my checks, I converted my Excel worksheet a long time ago
to Quicken and maintained both, but I only use Quicken now.

I have stocks which are difficult to keep track of without such a package
and you update from your bank. But if all you have is checking account
I doubt that it would be worth the money to buy such a package just fto keep
track of your checking account. If fact if you forget to write the check in
your checkbook and want to update your file (Excel, or Financial package)
you can see a check image online.

On the otherhand if you own any stocks, you'd best have software
such as Quicken or MS Money, and then you can update the files on
your computer by accessing daily stock quotes and your financial
institutions.(including your bank).

Actually I guess the main reason I no longer keep a separate record is
that many of my transactions are with a debit card, or paying bills online
so most all of the checking account entries no longer involve checks.
---
HTH,

"holy dog" wrote in message ...
MS Money would be a better program for that.

"Bobby B" wrote:

I'd like to create a simple s/s to add deposits and deduct sums as like a
checkbook register and keep a running balance..say in differant columns.
Help with that.
Thanks.