Zac Brownell Zac Brownell is offline
Junior Member

Found this thread and also managed to find a solution to your problem, Courie. In my case, I was trying to generate some unique ID's for testing purposes. At any rate, I just wanted to push the ROW # of a cell into a String, copy/paste, and have it resolve itself. Here's how I managed to do it:

Code:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courie View Post
Thanks for your suggestion Pete, unfortunately, that didn't work either. The
cells were already set to General and I set them to Text, then re-set to
General and recalculated the sheet, but there was no change. The forumla
still prints and views as text.
--
Thanks,

Courie

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Maybe your cell containing the formula is formatted as Text. Use Format
| Cells | Number (tab) and choose General. Then double-click the cell
as if to edit it in order to activate the change in format.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Courie wrote:

I have tried all of your suggestions--Thanks, by the way--but each of them
simply prints the verbiage of the function, not the result.

What could I be doing wrong?
--
Thanks,

Courie

"daddylonglegs" wrote:

Another way is to use

="XYZ company will pay "&DOLLAR(Sheet2!A1)&" of your shipping costs"

"Courie" wrote:

Is there a way to insert a formula or reference a cell on another worksheet
in the middle of a text string.

For example if I wanted to say: XYZ company will pay $___________ of your
shipping costs... Where the blank was a reference from another sheet.
--
Thanks,

Courie

Last edited by Zac Brownell : November 15th 12 at 10:52 PM