Kiffar Kiffar is offline
Junior Member

You were correct in ascertaining the nature of my typo in writing up the original post, I have edited it accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeu2004[_2_] View Post
PS.... I wrote:[color=blue][i]

But again, I would do this experiment very differently altogether, not
relying on either a Calculate event macro or the iterative calculation
option.
Is this because it would be inaccurate, or because there's a more efficient method? I have no preference toward any type of method, as long as it's accurate. I've never used macros or anything fancy like that before, though, so I might need handholding implementing such things. To give you an idea of my familiarity with Excel functions, I just learned how if statements work this week. Though I'd prefer to limit the number of simulations, so that each time I change one of the non-random variables, it doesn't take very long to update the calculations, as my actual datasets have billions of possibilities. The results are still based off of C1 and C2 effectively, there's just much more that goes into calculating those two cells in the real sheet I have going.

Last edited by Kiffar : November 14th 12 at 12:22 AM