View Single Post
  #3   Report Post  

Thank you Claus for your reply, I will definate try those after a few hours of sleep. However, most of the night I have recreated the formulas and the following is now what I am working with. It would probably give much better details, etc.

Should have provided a bit more information before I tried to explain the formula calculations problems I am having. I thought I could attach the actual spreadsheet but I can't - I will try to explain each column and what I am "trying" to accomplish, maybe someone would be kind enough to assist me with my horrible mistakes. (Attached a PDF of the actually sheet).

As you can see I am creating a salary/payroll w/ hours, breaks and over hour calculation (only). Reason being is that overtime is not paid via time and half, but those accumolated hours become avialable to use for personal/holiday time off w/ pay (similar to "floating hours").

Description of Sheet & Calculations:

C9 thru L9
Each week of the A2 year/month & A9 beginging & ending wk day(s) of the months pay period
A10-16 Days of Wk

Week 1 = work days from 29.10 - 04.11
C10 = 8.5 hrs wk
C11 = 8.5 hrs wk
C12 = 8.5 hrs wk
C13 = 8.5 hrs wk
C14 = 8.16 hrs wk (8 hrs 10 mins)
C15 = off
C16 = off

C17's formula is: =((C10-0.5)+(C11-0.5)+(C12-0.5)+(C13-0.5)+(C14-0.5)+(C15-0.5)+(C16-0.5))
It works - sort of! Basically I want it to add up add C10-C16, if the work day is blank, it ignore that cell, then based on how many cells have hrs entered it #ofcells *0.5 to obtain the hours of break time (unpaid), then breakhrs - Wk hrs = Total wkly hrs

However occassional, he works Saturday for a few hours and doesn't get a 30 min (unpaid) break - How can I calculate unpaid breaks to specific days only?
Example: Sum((C10:C16)-(#ofcells*0.5))

I'm sure there is a formula out there that can do this unfortunately, I have not been able to fine one (they all do things I don't want them to do). My current formula does work, but I think it may be what is causing the error I receive when I reopen the document (see final error at the end of thread).

D10:D16's formulas a
Mon - Thurs is: =IF(C108.5,(C10-8.5),0)
Fridays is: =IF(C148.16,(C14-8.16),0)

This took some time but I did get it working but only for Monday - Thursday. Once I apply the same concept to Friday (you see I manual changed the hours), it shows an error.

Error: The formula in this cell differs from the formulas in this area of the spreadsheet.
I can't figure out why

E-L #'s10-16 are just same as what is described above.

Overtime Column:

D17's formula is: =SUM(D10:D16)
However, its not calculating and states: The formula in this cell differs from the formulas in this area of the spreadsheet.
What am I doing wrong?

Everything else on the spreadsheet regarding his payroll is functioning properly, to my knowledge.

Reopen File Error:
As soon as I open the document I get the following:
Circular Reference Warning:
One or more formulas contain a circular reference and may not calculate
correctly. Circular references are any references within a formula that
depend upon the results of that same formula. For example, a cell that refers
to its own value or a cell that refers to another cell which depends on the
original cell's value both contain circular references.
For more information about understanding, finding, and removing circular
references, click ok. If you wnat to create a circular reference, click
cancel to continue.

I have spent quite a while trying to figure out which formula is creating this error with no success. I really appreciate the time anyone takes to read my issues and assists with the problems.

Thank you
Sho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi,

Am Fri, 9 Nov 2012 18:45:39 +0000 schrieb Shokra:

Basically my sheet is set to:
F G
10 Hours Overtime
11 Monday 8.5
12 Tuesday 8.5
13 Wednesday 9.5