ccarmock

One further question on this - when I lock the spreadsheet (as I dont
want the date to be modified by the user, the system can no longer
update column A with the date of the change.

To achieve this I have column B set to allow Everyone to make changes
while the rest of the sheet requires a password to edit ranges.

I guess I can get the Macro to turn off protection and turn it on
again? However would this mean storing the password in the Macro?
Again not an issue, but I would then need to be able to prevent the
user from looking at the Macro code to discover the password - is that
possible?

Or alternatively is there the concept of allowing the 'SYSTEM'
permission to update a range of cells, this might be a cleaner
approach.

--
ccarmock
ccarmock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27670