Kevin@Radstock Kevin@Radstock is offline
Member

You will need to have a table set up in your work sheet with the post codes listed and a area allocated to each code, As in the UK there are over a hundred. Then you could use a LOOKUP or INDEX & MATCH etc.
EG: =VLOOKUP(LEFT(Cell/Ref,2),Your_Range,Column,0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idxearo View Post
I have some postal codes all in one column.
eg EN1 7IH, and N1 M33

I want to create a column where excel reads the first characters BEFORE the space, since those characters represent an Area.

I want to be able to add the name of the postal code area in the new column. For example EN1 = Area1 and N1 = Area2