Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] lhkittle@comcast.net is offline

Default how to get a warning when data is entered wrongly

On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:25:30 AM UTC-7, sumesh56 wrote:
;1606419 Wrote:

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:30:23 AM UTC-7, sumesh56 wrote:-

i have a spreadsheet. The ENTRY and EXIT should tally.

ENTRY----total of col A:D is in E2.

EXIT---- total of col G:J is in K2.

Cell K is formatted as E2=K2

cell K2 is formatted as the sum of G:J

when i enter a data wrongly in anywhere between the cells G:J a

warning

should come in col K2(of course after entering in all the four cells

G:J).the idea is the number in entry should tally with that of the

exit.

is it possible?

the excel file is attached.

|Filename: entry and exit.zip |

|Download:

http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=626|

sumesh56-

See if this does what you want.

Copy into the sheet module.

Dim I As Integer, J As Integer

I = Range("E3")

J = Range("K3")

If I < J Then

MsgBox "E Does Not Equal K"

Howard

thanks for the reply. but ,i am not able to understand what do you mean

by sheet module. where can i find that?

sumesh56

Copy the code I sent, Ctrl + c, right click the sheet tab and click on View Code. This will take you to the vb editor. Paste, Ctrl + v, the code in the large white area. Now hit Alt + F11 to return to the worksheet.

Test fly the code by making entries in notable cells. If E3 and K3 do not match you should get a Message Box alerting you.

Note, in your post you mention E2 & K2 not matching. I assumed you meant E3 & K3.

Regards,
Howard