Spencer101 Spencer101 is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlawrie View Post
Hi,

I am creating a spreadsheet on Excel 2010 - which by the way I hate the new layout so confusing.

Anyway on sheet 1 I will be listing all my products details and creating barcodes for each product.

On Sheet 2 I have created various table for example I have a table that include category type and a Index Number.

What I need to happen on sheet one, when I create a new product under the category section I require a drop down list where I pick the chosen category for that product which then returns the Index number into a hidden cell for use in the barcodcode later on.

Can anyone help, i have been searching google for hours now and have got nowhere.
Hi,

Could you post an example worksheet?

(I hated the new layout of Excel 2007/10 at first too, but once you get used to it, it's not so bad)