Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bob[_19_] Bob[_19_] is offline

Default Data Range Question

Hello,

Using Excel 2007.

Had to install a new HD, and ever since then am having all sorts of
"problems".

I have a chart with dates in Col B, and then data in C, D, and E.

If I type in a data range, at the pull-down menu,limited to only where
there are actual values in B, C, D, and E, it plots fine.

But if I insert a data range much bigger, the chart goes crazy; either
blank, or nonsense lines, etc.

I want to pick a much larger data range, even though much of it is
blank, so that when values are actually
put in them, it will plot and update automatically.

Apparently it is happy only when the selected range actually has some data.

It never used to be like this.
Some setting must have changed.

Any idea what might be happening ?

Thanks,