Za1 Za1 is offline
Junior Member

Default how do I search thru the values in my column and replace with nessesary values

hi

my request would be abit confusing so forgive me if i dont describe it properly,
currently i have a few funds i need to sort and im getting raw data from the dealer so the names in bold are the name of the compnay and the ones unbold are the products. i have abrevations for the names of the company which is is column B and i use a vlookup to extract them from my own database the thing i wanna know is whether isit possible to change the #n/A values in column B to reflect which product is from which company. like cell b3 to change its value automatically till the it hits a new value for example cell b5. eg b2 AGB, b3 detects #N/A changes to AGB, b4detects #N/A changes to AGB, b5 detects AD changes to AD, b6 to detect #n/a change to AD and so on.

im sorry if this is a confusing post hope to get some help soon
Attached Files
File Type: zip New Microsoft Excel Worksheet.zip (7.7 KB, 53 views)