pleaseassist pleaseassist is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Ben,

I believe I have a similar request. In preparing a bank reconciliation, I have two groups of data. Column A has amounts from my bank statement. Column B has amounts from my general ledger. There are numbers in both column that I can match up easily using vlookups. However, there may be times when an amount in column A is the sum of multiple amounts from column B. Is there a way to do this?

Ideally, I would like some kind of program that could match up everything and leave behind only what would be considered reconciliation items; however, I understand that excel may not have that capability since I am dealing with about 500 lines in each column.

Thanks in advance!