Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_2_] Don Guillett[_2_] is offline

Default Importing multiple text files and getting certain figures.

On Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:10:37 PM UTC-5, X82 wrote:
Hi guys.

I will try to explain this situation best I can.

I have about 500 .txt files. Here is a link to example files, 4 in

total.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B0...ZKMWlSUGs/edit

The red parts of the files are the figure I need importing into excel.

So there is about 500 txt files with 4 different variations of the

file.

I also would like to import the filename of the txt file in a column. So

column A would read, AMAB3.txt and column B would be the figure pulled

from the txt file, say 1.9 or 5.6 etc. In a long list.

I'm sorry if I've explained this terribly and I will try to clear up any

issues. All help on this matter is appreciated.

--

X82

You could change from .rtf to .txt and then open in excel. Then you would need the logic of why 4.5 is the value you want from which file and why. Detailed logic.