Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Howard Howard is offline

Default Check a range to see if a value exists in it

On Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:14:06 PM UTC-7, Howard wrote:
What stupid little thing am I missing with this 'simple' snippet of test code.

Whe

I have the letter A in Range("D1").

Range("G1:G10")is a range named lData and contains A,B,A,D,A,B,C,A,blank,blank.

(The real range is about 100 rows in a column with perhaps 25 entries followed by 75 blanks, the entry amounts will vary widely but no blanks within the entries, only after the last entry)

When I run the my test code "MsgBox lCnt" returns 0 (zero). Should return 4.

Option Explicit

Sub WFCData()

Dim i As String

Dim lCnt As Integer

Dim lData As Range

i = Range("D1").Value

lCnt = Application.WorksheetFunction.Count("lData", i)

MsgBox lCnt

End Sub

Thanks.

Regards,