Spencer101 Spencer101 is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFCDRM View Post
Hi, everyone! :)

This is the first time using this forum - so please bear with me if there is some norms I have missed! :)

I am working in Excel 2007, and I am attempting to create a formula that automatically returns the median of a quartile of a dataset. I.e. I want the formula to return the median of the top quartile, one to return the 2nd quartile etc. The dataset I am fetching the data from must still be able to change the order of the numbers as I am using the filter function for it.

I have tried something like: =MEDIAN(QUARTILE(E4:E7;4);QUARTILE(E4:E7;3)) - but this doesn't work as it only provides me with the median of the two numbers provided. I have also tried to use Index and Match functions within the Median function, but it doesn't work (or at least I can't make it!)

I would be very grateful if someone could help me/guide me in the right direction :)

Best regards,
Lasse :)

Hi Lasse,

I think an example workbook would be beneficial here in enabling us to help you out.

If you could include some information on what you think the results should be and how you'd arrive at them if manually calculating that would be very helpful too.

S.