LFCDRM LFCDRM is offline
Junior Member

Smile Help in Median of a quartile

Hi, everyone! :)

This is the first time using this forum - so please bear with me if there is some norms I have missed! :)

I am working in Excel 2007, and I am attempting to create a formula that automatically returns the median of a quartile of a dataset. I.e. I want the formula to return the median of the top quartile, one to return the 2nd quartile etc. The dataset I am fetching the data from must still be able to change the order of the numbers as I am using the filter function for it.

I have tried something like: =MEDIAN(QUARTILE(E4:E7;4);QUARTILE(E4:E7;3)) - but this doesn't work as it only provides me with the median of the two numbers provided. I have also tried to use Index and Match functions within the Median function, but it doesn't work (or at least I can't make it!)

I would be very grateful if someone could help me/guide me in the right direction :)

Best regards,
Lasse :)