Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default Remove duplicates in one column within a range of dates in another column

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 19:33:03 +0000, spamdavy wrote:

Thanks for the replies!

However, there's one subtle issue that makes this issue more complex.
I'd like to de-dupe Column A as defined by the date in Column B.

The equivalent manual process is to copy all rows with 9/3 to another
sheet and de-dupe Column A. Repeat for different dates 9/4 and 9/5.

Either I am not understanding what you want, or you are not understanding the process I recommend.

What happened when you tried the process I recommended?

Since the process I recommended compares both columns A & B, it shouldl only dedupe for matches in column A with the same date in column B. There is no need to do this one at a time.

If you are still having a problem, please post a copy of a sample file to a publically accessible web site (e.g. Skydrive), and show before and after examples of what you want. Post the link here.