Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default Time Calculations Help

On Mon, 3 Sep 2012 03:15:06 -0700 (PDT), DonW wrote:

Does anyone know how I can change the C1 Result to show up as 9.5 - or -

When I enter the times as Excel times, with the colon, your formula returns 9, not 9.5.
Without understanding what you are trying to do in your original formula, I won't make any suggestions there.

However, to enter a time as a three or four digit number, without the colon, you can convert it into an "Excel" time using:

=--TEXT(A1,"00\:00")

The double unary, which converts the TEXT value into a Number, is not necessary if the formula is used with some other arithmetic operator (e.g. + - / * ). And it may not be necessary with the comparison operators, but check that to be sure.