pjcorc502 pjcorc502 is offline
Junior Member

Default Complex IF statement help

I need help with this formula. This works to find out if certain pre-tax deductions on a pay-stub are included in a cafe plan. F4 would be the gross pay check amount. M10 is the total of all entered pre-tax deductions. The formula does the computation and then matches the result against F10 (the FICA tax amount entered from the pay-stub) which should equal each other if the correct deductions are entered. Here's the problem, I need to modify this to also come up with a true statement (You found the cafe plan) not only when the result equals F10, but also when it is within .02 cents either way of F10. Is this possible? Please help!

=IF(ROUND((F4-M10)*0.0565,2)=F10,"You found the café plan!","Not the café plan")

What i have entered works great when the gross tax amount adjusted for pre-tax deductions equals the FICA tax as it should, I just need there to be some degree of variance allowed for F10. Two cents either way should do it.