Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bruno Campanini[_2_] Bruno Campanini[_2_] is offline

Default VBA "Find" with multiple criterion

KeriM brought next idea :
I'm trying to do a somewhat complicated find in VBA.

I have a worksheet with column B having only two different values (eg. a
and b). Column C has values that repeat for each value for column B.
(eg. 1 and 2). The values that I want to return are in columns E and F.

So what I'm trying to do is this:

If columns B and C equal "a" and "1" (respectively), then subtract the
values in E and F (on that row where the columns equal) and return that
result on another worksheet.

Repeat for all the different combinations...a1, a2, b1, b2.

To illustrate:

Code:
--------------------

Column B | Column C Column E | Column F

a 1 70 50
a 2 80 30
b 1 60 20
b 2 40 20

I want to find a1 and write "20" in another worksheet.

Well, following your example you'll get the values:
20
50
40
20