Spencer101 Spencer101 is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_GB View Post
Very qood point - me being special

This is the format (exactly) as it is in the TXT file.

---

Name: Fred Blogs
Date Of Birth: 01/07/1999
Address: 1 New Street
Newtown Sussex AB1 2CD
Phone: 0123 456789

---

Name: Janet Blogs
Date of Birth 01/06/1980
Address: 1 Old Street
Newtown Sussex DC2 1BA
Phone: 0987 654321

---

I know the second address line has no heading and this is going to cause me problems!
I would have thought the postcode being in the same row as the second line of the address would cause more problems than that row having no "heading".

But, before I can provide a solution, I'll be needing some sample data in Excel format. You can add an XLS or XLSX file to a compressed file (or use WinZip if you have it) and then attach that here.

I really cannot do much at all with the text examples you've posted above.

S.