Spencer101 Spencer101 is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunalz View Post
Thank you for the reply.

I'm sorry if my explanation was a bit unclear. Here's the situation (Just the concept -- the whole thing isn't going to be sensible):

-I write down 5 different letters (A to E) vertically downwards, one each line, on a blank paper.
-I give the paper to Ms. Excel and she would reply me with a number.

Sorry if the above is weird. The formula that you gave was, in fact, the exact opposite of it, so I tried "reversing" the formula but to no avail. I'm wondering if it wasn't meant to be done in excel...
So each letter has a specific number it will ALWAYS return?