starnz starnz is offline
Junior Member

Default Auto-populate spreadsheet based on database info?

Hi,

I have populated a database(Expense) with 4 columns(Date, Description, Amount, Type) listed by date over several months. I have another tab(Expense A) where I would like this information to be displayed in matrix form by month. The matrix is based on the different Types, 7 in total. So the matrix has 10 columns(Date, Description, 7 Types, Subtotal) and would be listed by Date as well. My goal is to easily show the amount spent among the 7 Types on a month to month basis using the matrix and an chart.

My question is how can I use the info from the database to automatically populate the entries into the matrix. For example, if the database shows a Marketing entry in the Type column I would like that Marketing info(Date, Description, Amount) to populate in the matrix. I would like the amount from the database to populate in the appropriate column in Expense A based on the Type from the database. The Types from the dropdown in the database are matched to the 7 Types from Expense A in the Income A tab.

I understand this represents a redundancy of info but if anyone has ideas to accomplish this it would be greatly appreciated! I have attached the file for reference...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Accounting.zip (68.6 KB, 84 views)