Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett[_2_] Don Guillett[_2_] is offline

Default Please Help! Can't solve excel problem

On Sunday, July 29, 2012 10:27:33 PM UTC-5, sully017 wrote:
I've dabbled in excel over the years but have hit a cross roads. I help

teach a middle school track summer camp. Now every week we do certain

timed activities and keep track of the results. Here is the problem- I

can't find a way to average these results.

My excel sheet is set up with 5 sheets. Sheets 1-4 Being labeled Week1,

Week2, Week3, Week4 and sheet 5 is for my calculations. Each sheet is

set up identical with students name in column A (i.e. John, Tim, Sarah,

Connie) and the timed events in the remaining columns (ex. 100m, 200m, 3

cone drill, etc, etc)

Now I would like to have a master sheet that will tell me Johns (and

every other students) average time for each event across the 4 week

period. (i.e. average time for 100m, 200m, 3 cone drill, etc) The

problem i seem to be running into is that John is not always in cell A1

one week he will be in cell A1 the next week he will be in cell A19.

Any help would be appreciated.

--

sully017

You should always provide a meaningful subject line. If desired send file to dguillett1 @gmail.com with complete details