etb1025 etb1025 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlclyde View Post
On Dec 17, 12:40*pm, LVSU wrote:
I am looking for a formula to tabulate a formula for shift differential
between the hours of 17:00 and 7:00. If you had worked this shift you would
have 14 hours of shift differential.
If you worked 9:00 - 19:00 you would have 2 hours of shift differential.
Column D7 is the start time and E7 is the end time, with the shift diff
tabulating in K7.
Thanks.

for instance the start time woudl be in Column A. If you type in the
times into a cell and format the cell as numbers, this will tell you
how Excel views these times. Then just a simple If statement with an
Or in there and there you go. So this eads that if the start time is
greater then .71 or less then or = to 1 then it will activate or if it
is between .29 and .001, then it will activate, if not then it will be
0.
I'm looking for the same thing, but I need to calculate differential between 15:00 and 07:00. But if i am clocked in at 14:30 and clock out at say 23:00, I need it to also calculate the number of hours that were actually within the time period for the differential. Any help greatly appreciated.