Harald Staff

"jbsand1001" skrev i melding
I would like to ask a couple of questions of how the formula works. I
understand the "If" function of the formulas but I am unfamiluar with the
following.

=if(MOD(ROW(),8)<1,"",INDIRECT("A"&(1+INT(ROW()/8))))

MOD-- What is this telling excel to do?

Divide by n (here 8), throw the multiple of n away and return only the
remainder.

()--What does this tell excel to do?

It is an integrated part of the ROW() function

<--What does this tell excel to do?

If means "different from". a=b is the opposite of a<b

Indirect--What does this tell excel to do?

It creates a virtual cell address. See Help on that one.

1+INT--What does this tell excel to do?

1 and + do what they always do. INT removes decimals from a number.
INT(2.5) = 2

()/8--What does this tell excel to do?

() is part of ROW. ROW()/8 divides the row number by 8. INT removes the
decimal part of that division. Indirect uses "A" and that decimal-less
number to return a cell address. This happens only if the remaninder of row
number / 8 is 1.

HTH. Best wishes Harald