Spencer101 Spencer101 is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony232 View Post
Sorry, I wasn't clear on this...after all your hard work. The attached would work perfectly if all descriptions ended with this ETA comment. However, this note is added to the description on items that we are out of stock on, so only some descriptions have this info at the end.

So, I would love for you to show me how to delete everything (no matter the number of characters) after ETA:

We have many many people here entering data, so sometimes dates are noted as 07/25/12, sometimes it's 07/25, sometimes it's 7/25/2012...so, as long as I can delete everything after ETA...I would be where I needed to be.

Thanks for your quick reply, and sorry I wasn't clear.

.:M

The second example I posted does just that. Attached again for convenience.

This version will strip the ETA: part out of the text string IF it exists, if it doesn't then it will just copy the text string as it is.

Let me know how you get on with it.

S.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Anthony232 Example2.zip (5.8 KB, 27 views)