Anthony232 Anthony232 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
Hi,

Have a look at the attached.
On the proviso that all of your data follows the same format this should work.
It doesn't matter how many characters are in each cell, just that they end in " - ETA: MM/DD/YY" i.e. 16 characters.

There are other ways where you can get Excel to ignore characters after a certain point, i.e. anything after " - ETA:" but if your data is pretty uniform then the formula above is probably the easiest.

Let me know if this works for you.
Sorry, I wasn't clear on this...after all your hard work. The attached would work perfectly if all descriptions ended with this ETA comment. However, this note is added to the description on items that we are out of stock on, so only some descriptions have this info at the end.

So, I would love for you to show me how to delete everything (no matter the number of characters) after ETA:

We have many many people here entering data, so sometimes dates are noted as 07/25/12, sometimes it's 07/25, sometimes it's 7/25/2012...so, as long as I can delete everything after ETA...I would be where I needed to be.

Thanks for your quick reply, and sorry I wasn't clear.

.:M