Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
kpink kpink is offline

Default Would like to create customized named range

I have a fairly detailed data set that I would like to base named ranges off of. The thing is, the data set changes quite often. I would like to list a range of cells under a defined name range based on data in a corresponding column. For example: there is a list of account names in column b, tied to peoples' names in column a. I would like the named range for person "Steve" to include all account names in column b that have steve's name listed in column a. As I continue to add more account names as time goes on, I would like the name range to adapt to the change automatically. I've tried using the vlookup formula in the formula bar for the name range, and have had no luck. I am willing to try VBA if necessary.

Thank you for your help.