Rajesh Bhapkar Rajesh Bhapkar is offline
Junior Member

Location: India
Default Excel Logical function

I am trying use the nested IF function to do the following steps:
To make clear in Cell M2, I would have the project deadline date in mm/dd/yyyy format.
I want the following condition to be satisfied.
1. IF date is greater than or equal to 15 than the same month should be in Y2
2. IF date is less than 15 than the earlier month should be returned back in Y2
3. If the M2 is blank than it should return a blank Cell in Y2

So this seems a multiple if condition, got bit confusing so what i did is used
=IF(M20,DAY(M2), "") which returns the date from reference cell.
and used
=IF(X2=15,TEXT(M2,"MMM"), IF(X2<15,EOMONTH(M2,-1), IF(X2="","",""))) to return the all the above condition, all works fine but when X2 is blank, then it returns JAN as month instead of blank cell can somebody help.